Sunday, March 9, 2014
10 Ways for Busy Parents to Strengthen Their Connection with their Kids
1. First, you should look at the time that you spend with your kids and make sure that it is quality time. There are lots of things that you probably have to get done in your day, so why not do these things together as a family to make a stronger connection?
2. Second, try to eat dinner together each night that it is possible. Turn off the TV, take away the books, and simply listen to your family talk about their day. This is very important because you know that there are going to be lots of things that come up.
3. Third, always be honest with your children. Make sure that they know that they can come to you if they have questions and that you will always be as honest as possible with them. This will help them learn to trust you when it comes to making good decisions, and it will help you to know that they can trust you as well.
4. Fourth, as a parent you have to remember that no matter how busy you are and what else you have going on in your life, you should always be modeling the behavior that you want your children to come away with. You should have the respect, and the responsibility and the honesty that you want your children to have.
5. Fifth, you should respect your children's privacy to a certain point, but remember that you are the parent and no matter how old they are, it is still your job to make sure that they come out all right in the end. This might require a little bit of snooping, but your children should know that they cannot keep secrets from their parents.
6. Sixth, oftentimes, busy parents try to be fun parents. They figure that if they can't spend as much time as they would like with their children, they will fill the time that they do spend together with fun things. This might be good in the short term, but remember that you need to be a parent as well as a buddy, and your children will end up much better off if you can make sure that you are being a parent at all times, no matter how much or how little time you have to spend with your children.
7. Seventh, you want to focus on things that the whole family can do that will get you out of the house and get you to do things that you have never done before but might enjoy together.
8. Eighth, be sure that you are leaving plenty of time to just talk to each other. This should be a rule for all of your children.
9. Ninth, you always want to make sure that your children have creating outlets that they can share with you. Not only will this help them develop a better connection with who they are as well as the world around them, but it can also help them develop a better connection with you as a parent.
10. Finally, remember that not everyone is going to be perfect. This includes you and your children. Try as hard as you can to be a happy and loving family, and love each other no matter what.
Posted by Kate2014 at 12:17 AM